Types of Information We Collect
We collect the following information about you:
· Personal Information. This is information that directly or indirectly identifies you, such as your name, email address, or other identifying information about you, or that would, when combined with other information you provide or that is broadly available, be likely to identify you.
· Other Information. Other Information is information that, by itself, does not individually identify you, such as browser type, operating system, technical data, and usage. We may link together different types of Other Information or link Other Information to Personal Information.
Individuals may interact with Influency in ways that require Influency to gather Personal Information. The amount and type of information that Influency gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, Influency may request that visitors who request information about our products or otherwise utilize the Website provide a name and email address, plus such other information as Influency may believe useful, including financial or other information, depending on the nature of the transaction contemplated. In each case, Influency collects such information only insofar as is legal and appropriate. If you do not wish for Influency to collect any information about you, you can simply not utilize the Website or otherwise supply Personal Information to Influency. Your choice not to provide information may, however, prevent you from using the Resources or enjoying all the functionality of the Website, including access to the Services.
Like most website operators, Influency collects non-Personal Information of the sort that web browsers, applications and servers typically make available to operators, like the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. These are described more fully below under cookies and other tracking technologies. Influency may use this information for a number of purposes including, for example, to better understand how Influency’s visitors use its website. The purposes for collecting and using this data may change from time to time at Influency’s discretion, and Influency may release non-Personal Information in the aggregate. By utilizing the Website, you agree to such use.
How We Collect Information
We collect Personal Information and Other Information in the following ways:
· Information you give us. For example, the Website may require you to provide a name and email address when sign up to use our Services.
· Information We Get from Your Use of Services. We may collect information about your use of the Resources and related information. This information includes:
o Computer, tablet, or mobile telephone information. We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, device sensors and mobile network information including phone number) and device sensors and related information. Influency may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your account. We will comply with the usage/license restrictions and requirements applicable to the device from which the information comes.
o Log information. When you visit the Website or view content provided by us, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include, for example:
· Details of how you used the Website and any pages that you visit immediately before or after visiting the ·Website.
· Internet protocol address.
· Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
· Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
o Location information. If the Website includes location-enabled functionality, we may collect and process information about your actual location.
o Local storage. We may collect and store information (including Personal Information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5).
o Cookies and anonymous identifiers. We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit the Website as described below, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
How We Use Information We Collect
We take your privacy seriously. We use the information that we collect about you to provide, maintain, protect and improve the services and products that Influency provides to you. We do not sell your information to any third parties and only use it for legitimate business purposes. We use your Personal Information for the following purposes, or may use it for these purposes in the future:
· To respond to questions that you may have.
· To provide products or services you request.
· To inform you of updates regarding Influency or services or products that may be of interest to you.
· To provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Resources.
· To manage your participation in events and other promotions where you have signed up for such events and promotions.
· To operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
· To analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies.
· To analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our Website or social media assets.
· To protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities
· To improve our customer service.
· To respond to and support customers regarding their use of the Resources or Services.
· To comply with all applicable legal requirements.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Some of our Website pages may utilize “cookies” and other tracking technologies like pixel tags and web beacons (often called “smart cookies”) to improve the functionality of the Website. Cookies are text files that are sent by servers to web browsers and stored on your computer. They tell us which parts of the Website you’ve visited so Influency can alert you to software compatibility issues and save your preferences for future visits to the Website. Web beacons and pixel tags are images embedded in a webpage or e-mail for the purpose of measuring and analyzing usage and activity. The Website, or third party service providers acting on our behalf, may use web beacons and pixel tags to help us analyze usage and improve our functionality. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously provided by a user.
How We Share Information We Collect
As part of the use of your information for the above purposes, we may disclose your Personal Information or Other Information to our vendors and other contractors who perform various functions on our behalf. In the event that we disclose Personal Information to a vendor or other contractor, we will take reasonable steps to assure that such third party appropriately protects such Personal Information.
If Influency, any of our affiliates, or the Website is involved in a merger, acquisition, asset sale, joint venture or other, similar transaction, we may transfer or allow access to Personal Information as part of the transaction and in review or preparation for it as described below under “Business Transfers ”.
We also may provide information about you to other third parties with your consent, for one of the purposes above, or for other appropriate purposes, e.g., following a subpoena or other legal process or to a regulatory agency in order to protect against fraud or investigate a criminal or civil matter or when Influency believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect Influency’s rights and interests, third parties, or the public at large.
How We Protect Your Information
Influency discloses Personal Information to those of its employees, contractors, agents and affiliated organizations that need to know that information in order to process it on Influency’s behalf or to provide services. Some of those employees, contractors, agents and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your state, province or country. By using the Website or providing us information, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Influency will not rent or sell potential Personal Information to anyone.
If you are a registered user of one or more Resources, you agree that in addition to any information you may have solicited or requested, Influency may further send you emails to provide you with information, to inform you of new products, to solicit your feedback, or to keep you up to date on Influency and its products. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in our marketing emails. You also may ask us not to send you other marketing communications by contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below, and we will honor your request.
We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, we may not immediately delete residual copies of Personal Information that is on our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems. If you believe that Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated below.
Influency undertakes commercially reasonable efforts to guard against unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of Personal Information, which efforts you agree are sufficient, adequate and complete. In some cases, we cannot control, and are not responsible for, information that is shared about you. For example:
· Information you share. Some of our Resources may let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines or otherwise further disclosed.
· Social Media Accounts. Influency may maintain various social network accounts such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. Please note that comments and information that you leave in such settings are likely to be broadly visible and may not be controlled by Influency. We are therefore not responsible for any information or messages you leave in such settings or for how such information may be used by others.
· Accessing and updating your Personal Information. If you provide us with information or create an in order to access or receive information from the Resources, we may or may not be able to provide you with access to your Personal Information. If information that we control about you is incorrect, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it (unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes). When updating your Personal Information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
You acknowledge and agree that Influency has no duty or obligation to respond to or save user comments.
Third Party Links
The Website may contain links to webpages or tools operated by parties other than Influency. We do not control such websites or tools and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy policies or other practices of such websites or service providers. Our inclusion of links to an outside website or tool does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or tools or any association with their operators. Further, it is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever links you select or software you download (whether from an electronic platform (such as an app) or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which you will be subject to upon accessing the third party’s website. We strongly recommend you review the third party’s terms and policies.
The Website is not intended for use by children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about individuals who are under the age of 13. If a child has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected the Personal Information of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Do Not Track
Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites and online services that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Such browser features and industry standards are not uniform, so our websites and online services do not respond to those signals.